Monday, July 6, 2009

Fajitas

I made fajitas yesterday and they were so yummy AND so easy! I just have to share with you.

1 1/2-2 lb beef flank steak, cut into thin strips *
1 can (10 oz) Rotel
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & chopped
1 T minced fresh cilantro or parsley
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1 each medium sweet red pepper & green pepper, julienned
8-10 flour tortillas
Sour cream, salsa, shredded cheddar, optional
  1. Place beef in slow cooker. In a bowl, combine everything else except the last 3 ingredients. Pour over beef. Cover & cook on low for 7-8 hours. Stir in red & green peppers**. Cook 1 hour longer or until beef & peppers are tender. Thicken juices if desired.
  2. Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; fold sides over filling. Serve with sour cream, cheese & salsa!

* I used a skirt steak & didn't cut it - just put the whole thing in the crock pot frozen & shredded it after cooking.

** Sonny doesn't like cooked green peppers (and I didn't have red peppers) so I threw them in at the end - while I was setting the table & fixing the drinks just to warm them up.

I didn't have fresh garlic - just used the minced in the bottle that I keep on hand.

Also didn't have fresh cilantro or parsley - used dried parsley.

It was really good & soooo easy!! Put it in the crock pot about 11; played all day and it was all ready when we were hungry around 7 pm!!

No comments: