Monday, July 27, 2009

Mom’s Birthday

We went to Mom’s last night for her birthday (#81) and had a great time just all being together.  The only sibling missing was our brother who was working and unable to come.  One grandson was there – Harrison.  I wish my two could have been there.  But, Ashley was on her way to Africa at the time!!  She has been trying to plan this research trip to Kenya for 3 years and it is finally happening.   She will spend the weekend in Nairobi but most of her time will be spent in Kisumu (on the shore of Lake Victoria and where Obama’s father was born.)  Please say a prayer for her safety. 

Jeffrey called his grandmother today to wish her a happy birthday and reported that Jayce was doing great.  He took Jayce to a pool last weekend and was getting Jayce to jump off the side so Jeff could catch him.  He said Jayce told him he wanted to go under the water!!  So, thankfully, there is no ill effects of his accident last week.  God is good!

Sonny & Greg cooked ribs out back on Mom’s grill and we girls sat on the front porch and visited acted silly!!  Here are a few of the pictures from our gathering:

I think Sonny was actually supervising!!

101_3157

Me & Mom - 101_3153 Marianne & Mom on her lap!101_3156

Mom with Angela - 101_3159

Marianne got the worst of this one – I was sitting on her lap, Mom sitting on my lap & Angela sitting on Mom’s lap!!  That’s how many pounds on Marianne?   We won’t even go there!!101_3162

Mom has those red flowers in her hair because I made them for her for her birthday and I stuck both in her hair!  She has been asking me to make something for her to wear to her Red Hat get-togethers for the summer instead of having to wear her hat.  I found some of red  flowers and glued them to a barrette!

No comments: