Friday, July 31, 2009

Loads of Love to New Neighbors

I’ve been a bad blogger this week!  Sorry.  Thursday I went to Charlotte and did some volunteer work at the Red Cross office.  I took my mom and dropped her off at a friend’s house.  That was nice for her since she doesn’t drive so she doesn’t get many chances to see some of her old Charlotte friends.   I ended up finishing my work about 1 pm so I went to Park Road Shopping Center and had lunch and walked around the shopping center.  I can remember when that shopping center was the main shopping place in that area of town and I spent many a day wandering into the shops back in the 60’s! 

Today I went to Charlotte …. again!!  Can’t believe how many trips to Charlotte I’ve made in the last 2 weeks!  Sonny had a doctor’s appointment this a.m. in Charlotte for a second opinion on his hip replacement.  After sitting in the waiting room for an hour, we walked out!  I get so irritated when they over-book patients.  I guess they don’t think our time is as important as theirs!  Heaven only knows what is going to happen down the road if this new health plan gets pushed through Congress.  Anyway, I guess Sonny won’t be getting a second opinion.  He is thinking about getting his hip replacement the first of 2010.

Some new neighbors moved in this week just one house over from us.  (There are only 3 houses on our cul-de-sac.)  The family is actually just moving from another house in the neighborhood.  I made a casserole and some chocolate chip cookies for them tonight and took it over with this card:

I took the picture before I colored in their hair & skin and it’s too late to take another picture – I’ve already given her the card!!101_3192

No comments: