Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Anniversary

My sister’s anniversary was Saturday …. 28 years!  Where does the time go?  I remember when she got married in 1981.  Both my children and myself were in the wedding.  My son was the ring bearer (at 2 1/2 yrs. old).  He was just so cute in his little white outfit.  He could only stand still at the front of the church for so long before he started tossing the ring pillow up in the air!!  Luckily, my husband was nearby to rescue him.  My baby sister looked beautiful on her special day.  I remember a day or so before she got married I told her she was too young to be getting married!  She was just 21 at the time.  So many memories! 

This is the card I sent to her on Saturday.  I stamped the Lace Background (retired) on the Gable Green card.  I stamped the flowers from Pocket Silhouettes in White Craft Ink onto Vellum and backed it with a piece of Lovely Lilac.  The butterfly is done on vellum (Flight of the Butterfly).  It is a Two-Step Stamp which means I stamped the first stamp – the butterfly outline – in White Craft Ink and embossed it.  Then I stamped the “filler” butterfly in Lilac.  I just love two-step stamping!  The “congratulations” is from a retired set from Saleabration.

101_3112

No comments: