Sunday, June 7, 2009

Stampin 411 Challenge


I just heard about a new blog - Stampin 411 - that was started that will have weekly sketch challenges. I love sketch challenges so I thought I would participate in this one. This card has taken me a couple of days to finish. I started it Saturday morning; then took a break when my hubby took me out to breakfast. When I got home, I worked on it a little more until I had to go to Mooresville to take a class at Stamper's Alley. When I returned home, I had a little more time to work on it; then we went over to friends for a cook-out. Fast forward to Sunday am. .... I was able to finish it before we went out on the lake in our boat. Now, I'm back home from the lake and able to post it!! Whew!!!

I really like the way this card turned out. The card base is Baja Blue (sure gonna miss this color!) with DSP from Parisian Breeze. The stamp set is Organic Grace which is a retired hostess set that I never even inked before. A lot of cutting went into this card - the flowers, the fern and the little wildflowers! I sponged Baja Blue on the white square and backed it with Kraft.


101_2828

3 comments:

Lee said...

Simply Gorgeous!

Connie Babbert said...

Great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411 operators!

Selene Kempton said...

Simple and gorgeous! I love your coloring on the main image. Beautiful!