Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Red and Black Frame

I found my "mojo" today and had fun making a couple of frames. I had plans to go to our neighborhood pool and "veggin" while tanning and reading my book, but got carried away instead in my craft room.

About a month ago, I shared this baby book with you that I had made for a friend who had a baby girl in early April. Well, today I finally finished the "name frame" I wanted to give them too. It turned out pretty cute, I think. Now I just need to get it in the mail! I bought the frame at the Dollar Store and the animals are cut from the Designer Paper I used in the baby book. I used a retired SU alphabet set for the letters and stamped them in Regal Rose Craft Ink and embossed them. (click on picture to see full image)

101_2818

After I finished that, I made another picture frame for our Newcomers Bingo Auction next week. I had seen a similar one on Splitcoast a while back in blues and browns and had been wanting to create one. The squares are punched with my 1 1/4" Square Punch from Red, Black. various Designer Papers and some are embossed in white on red and black with the Baroque Motif stamp. I used a variety of ribbon, stamps, Daisy Die (Sizzix), Dew Drops, buttons, prima flowers, brads, and Hodgepodge Hardware. I adhered a piece of white cardstock to the glass and adhered the squares on top of the cardstock. I couldn't put the glass on top because of the raised items. I used Red Line Tape to adhere the squares to the white paper.

101_2820

No comments: