Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dual Challenges

I did another card tonight to meet the criteria of two challenges!  And, I have to brag, I just love this card!!  The sketch is another one from Stamping 411.  The colors are from a new one I found called Color Throwdown using Kraft, Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette .... how could I resist?

This card uses Kraft, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze and Parisian Breeze DSP.  The stamp set is from Hero Arts, Feather Gras.  I cut out all those flowers and the flourish/stems.  The circles are from the Nestabilities.  The scallop punch is Martha Stewart and I used little gemstones in the center of the flowers.

101_3069

It has been so hot and humid here the past few days.  We didn't even want to go out on the boat today because of the humidity.  We've been back in NC almost 3 years and this is the first time we have encountered that awful humidity that we both remembered about the Carolinas.  Hopefully, next week will be better!  So we had to busy ourselves today finding things to do inside!  We picked my Mom up about noon and went to the movies to see Pelham 123.  It was very good if you like action flicks!  I love Denzel Washington and Travolta.  After the show, we drove to the mall so I could get my sunglasses tinted a little more and Sonny actually went shopping!!  That never happens, but he needed shorts and a belt.  (The belt he was wearing he has had since  before we were married .... in 1973!!  Think he needed one???)  When we left the mall, we headed to Friendly's Restaurant in Huntersville where we all 3 had ice cream sundaes.  I know, not quite Weight Watchers, but it sure was good!  When we took Mom home, Sonny & I planted a couple of gardenia bushes for her.  Then, we headed to Michaels (and Sonny to Dick's).  Michaels shelves were pretty bare.  I think they are getting ready to put the fall merchandise in .... can you believe it??  We were going to take a spin out on the lake when we got home, but by that time is was 6:00 pm and Sonny said he felt like we were back at Ashley's we had been on the go so much today.  So, we just had dinner (I was smart and put pork ribs in the crockpot this morning!) and watched a couple of shows on tv.

Hope your weekend is good and you are keeping cool!  We keep reminding ourselves it could be worse .... we could still be in Texas where it is still 90 degrees when you go to bed!

5 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

Super cute card! Great way to combine the challenges!

LeAnne said...

Very nicely done, I love your details. That embossed BG is so elegant! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Patti Chesky said...

This is stunning!! I love the swirls.

P.S. We moved to MN from NY 3 years ago.....no Friendly's out here. Boo hoo!! But, we do have humidity...ugh!!

Broni said...

Beautiful! I love your flowers! Thanks for playing along with us!

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty...love how you changed up the Stamping 411 sketch a little! Thanks for playing along!