Saturday, June 27, 2009

411 Sketch Challenge

Last night around midnight, I decided to make a card!  After watching the depressing stories about Farrah & Michael for the past few days, I needed something to cheer me up! 

I decided to do a challenge card from this sketch:

sketch 411

The "411" sketch challenges are a lot of fun.  They even give you the measurements!!  I took a few liberties with the sketch - as you can see .... no scallop circle, but used the daisy instead but I like the results.  Hope you do too!

I used the new "In Color" Rich Razzleberry and paired it up with an old "In Color" Pink Pirouette.  The DSP will be retiring next week but I still love it!  It's Raspberry Tart and I think it matches these two in colors well.   (remember - click on the picture to see it)

101_3068

I'm sure going to miss this year's in colors.  The new ones are going to definitely have to grow on me!!  I'm just not too sure about them.  But that is what I said last year about Baja Breeze and it turned out to be one of my favorites!  Have you stocked up on them before they retire???

5 comments:

Gretchen Barron said...

Awesome job on your Sketch Challenge Card, Sharon -- and congratulations on being the first to link with Mr. Linky! I agree -- I will miss the old In Colors! Blessings, Gretchen

Cindy said...

Love the way you added the daisy from the Big Shot. Very creative.

Selene Kempton said...

Gorgeous creation! I really love this daisy die!

Patti Chesky said...

I love how you altered the sketch to work with the daisy. Awesome!! Thanks for playing along with us this week!!

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful rendition of the sketch! Love it and putting it into my idea file!
Thanks for playing along with the design team this week!