Monday, October 20, 2014

Suspended Stars

Happy Monday!  I had a nice relaxing weekend.  Sonny and I went to the movies on Friday and saw The Judge.  It was very good - I would recommend it.  Saturday night we went to some friends house and played cards.  And Sunday, I got a lot of Christmas cards made.  I still have a lot to go but at least it is a start.

This is a fun card.  I guess you could call it Suspended Stars.  The starts are suspended between the top and bottom pieces of cardstock (which is covered with DSP). This card uses the stamp set, Bright and Beautiful.


Suspended Star Card

Inside of card

You cut your card base at the normal 5.5" x 8.5"; then trim it down to 5.5" x 5.75" and score at 4.75".  From the piece that is left over, cut a strip at 1.5" x 5.5" for the bottom.  Stamp your star and adhere it at the top to the top piece of cardstock and to the strip that you cut for the bottom.  The star holds the top and bottom together.

I have made a similar card to this one using Festival of Trees which I will share with you later.


No comments: