Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I love Fall!

One of the things I missed when I lived in Texas was the changing of the seasons.  The season I missed the most was FALL.  I love the fall colors when the trees start changing and the crisp, cool air.  We have had our A/C off for about a week now with the windows open and it is great!  It is driving Bogart crazy but that's ok - he's kinda crazy anyway!!  When we were on our trip last week, I think we were just a tad early to see much fall foliage but we did see a bit.  My favorite was this tree that I snapped as we drove through the Pittsburgh country side.

Aren't the mix of colors gorgeous?
This picture below was taken from the front seat of the truck showing the trees lining the road- not too bad.



We took a tour of Heinz Field - where the Steelers and the Pitt Panthers play football.  This picture shows some beautiful trees in the players parking lot.


The foliage is just starting at the top of these trees.  This is a view from the stadium of one of the many bridges across one of the rivers (Monongahela, Ohio or Allegheny???)  It was a drizzly, foggy morning.



Tomorrow is Stamp Club and we will be doing several cards and projects.  Keeping on the same topic as fall, here is one of the cards we will be making:


I used Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla card stock and the News Print DSP.  I stamped on the DSP using Gorgeous Grunge and the acorns from For All Things with Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Soft Suede inks.  The leaves were made with a retired die from Stampin' Up.  After die cutting them in Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Tangelo Tango, I spritzed them with water, wadded them up and then smoothed them out and dried them with the Heat Gun.  I used one of the Autumn Wooden Elements (Holiday Catalog) that I sponged with Soft Suede.  The sentiment is from For All Things and the ribbon is Tangelo Tango.

No comments: