Monday, October 8, 2012

Perfectly Preserved in Water


Hope your weekend was a good one.  Mine was.  Friday night Sonny & I went out to eat at a new-ish pizza restaurant in Mooresville, Salty Caper.  I just love that name!  Saturday Marianne and I went to a Follk Art Festival in Sherrills Ford.  It was fun and there was some neat things there although folk art is really not our style.  But I got an early birthday present out of the outing!  The last booth we visited had flowers - about 5 feet tall - that were made out of metal.  They were so cool and priced to sell.  There were a lot of people milling around and buying them.  So Marianne bought me one and we brought it home and "planted" it in my yard - a bright yellow sunflower. 

Saturday was National Card Making Day and I had all intentions of making some cards.  Unfortunately, I have been a bit under the weather this weekend.  I thinkit  is sinus stuff.  My throat has been real sore.  Saturday night before I went to bed, I took a decongestant tablet.  It helped but I had a hard time sleeping and looked at the clock by my  bed every hour!  I'm not taking one tonight that is for sure!  I took it this morning instead.  But I'm still feeling rather achy and yucky.  I'm scheduled to play bridge tomorrow and I have a dr. appointment for another issue so hopefully, I'll feel better.

Here is a card I made a few weeks ago using Perfectly Preserved.  There is so much you can do with this set.  I really like it and I haven't even touched the surface.  I stamped the jar on card stock and using a mask, sponged Turqoise on the bottom to look like water.  Then I stamped the flowers using markers.  I stamped one set with Daffodil Delight and overstamped it with Tangerine.  The DSP is from the Festival Prints in the holiday mini catalog.


close up of "water"
It was a nail biter game today with the Steelers which seems to be their favorite way to play!  They pulled it off in the last few seconds against Philadelphia.  But, the Panthers didn't fare so well.  Marianne had tickets to the game and I told her she better pull off the win for them.  But, she didn't listen!

No comments: