Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to me .....


This was taken last week during a Raft Up with friends on the Lake.
I don't think I shared this birthday card I made for a friend.  The funny thing is I made the card and was going to drop it by her house since she lives in my neighborhood.  But then I couldn't find it.  I looked everywhere for it.  I was pretty sure it was in my car some place because I remembered taking it to the car when I went to play cards one day.  But do you think I could find it?  Well, I thought, maybe I took it by her house and just forgot!  Anyway about a week or so later, I found it .... in the car under my seat!  She ended up getting the card about a month late!  Hey - better late than never, you know!

 I used Summer Starfruit with the Sahara Sand card.  The stamp set is "From My Heart" stamped and die cut with the labels framelit.  The background piece is a wheel called Etruscan Elegance Wheel.  I haven't bought or used a wheel in so long but I really like this one.  Now I just need to remember to use it more often!  Watch out Stamp Club - may be using it this month!  I also used the Color Spritzer tool (pg 119) to put drops of ink on the die cut image.  I sponged the die cut piece with Summer Starfruit and stamped the "enjoyed" separately and popped it up.

Here is a close up of the image and the flower.  The little flower was made using a Cuttlebug die that Marianne gave me for Christmas last year.  Makes a cute little flower. 

I hope you took advantage of the items SU put in their Clearance Bin this weekend.  I ordered a few things but a lot of stuff went fast!  I was having a problem with a few of the digital items that weren't showing up in my order with the right price.  By the time, I called SU and got an answer, several of the items I had in my order had already sold out  - like the magnet sheets and all the envelopes.  I was bummed but I still got some good deals - red grosgrain ribbon, Vanilla Velvet ribbon, heart punch, card stock and some digital items for pretty cheap.  I love those kind of deals.

I had a pretty quiet weekend.  I spent a lot of time finalizing my Christmas cards for the Christmas Stamp A Stack I am having in November.  I will be posting details about it if you live in the area and would like to come. 

No comments: