Monday, October 22, 2012

My Birthday Cards

I had a nice birthday .... pretty low key but when you get to a certain age, you really don't need all the bells and whistle to announce you are getting older!  My mom called me early this morning before I left the house to play bridge.  And Sonny had laid out my present from Ashley last night so I saw it first thing this morning.  She bought me my favorite cologne from Hawaii, Hawaiian Gardenia.  I bought it when she and I were in Hawaii many years ago and have been wanting more.  Well, she was able to order it from Amazon!  Who knew?!  When I got to bridge, my friends sang Happy Birthday to me.  I got lots of text, phone and facebook messages too.  Don't you just love the digital age?!  Sonny took me to dinner tonight.  I picked Bonefish Grill and had a yummy Parmesan Crusted Flounder.  Now, if my son would just call, it would be a perfect day.  My daughter in law said they were going to call, but so far, nothing.

Here are some of my birthday cards I received:

from my good friend Kathy - she made it herself with all her granddaughters craft things!

Beautiful from my talented sister, Marianne

from my college friend, Brenda

from my sweet daughter, Ashley

from my good friend, Sharon R.

from my butterfly lover friend, Tesa

I love how Tesa does the inside of her cards.  She types her saying for the inside and prints it out.

Love this little kitty!  from my good buddy, Sharon D.

from my dear hubby!
Tuesday I am headed to Johnson & Wales with a group.  We are going to tour the place and have lunch.  Newcomers has done this activity several times but I have never been able to go so I am looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Debra said...

I hope your birthday was wonderful! Debra