Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Christmas MDS Card and Paper Crew Challenge #11

It's Wednesday!  Time for my Paper Craft Crew Challenge MDS Style.  There are a lot of layers on this card.  I love to use the Overlays to make my own backgrounds and I used two on this one - the Hip and Handsome Overlays and Textured (which is listed as a stamp.)


Background:  Color = POOL PARTY 

Embellishments: 
_Designer Kits\Joyful Times - embellishments\Joyful Times - blue ornament 1
_Designer Kits\Joyful Times - embellishments\Joyful Times - green ornament 1
_Designer Kits\Joyful Times - embellishments\Joyful Times - red ornament 1
Taffeta Ribbon\Real Red
Taffeta Ribbon\Real Red - bow
_Designer Kits\Home for the Holidays - embellishments\Home for the Holidays - flag gifts (re-colored)Designer Kits\Holly & Jolly Embellishments\Holly & Jolly Embellishments - believe_Designer Kits\Joyful Times - embellishments\Joyful Times - red flower
Blossom Builders Rhinestones\Blossom Builders Rhinestones - 7mm Poppy Parade

Stamps:
Hip and Handsome Overlays\Hip and Handsome Overlays - 12, Color = VERY VANILLA Textured\Basic Black Texture, Color = VERY VANILLA
Textured\Basic Black Texture, Color = VERY VANILLA
Textured\Basic Black Texture, Color = VERY VANILLA
Textured\Basic Black Texture, Color = VERY VANILLA
Creatively Yours\Creatively Yours - created by, Color = WHISPER WHITE

Punches:
Labels & Tags\Labels Collection 1, Filled with: Designer Series Paper\First Edition - designer series paper\First Edition - 4


I actually created two cards for the challenge while I was at it.  Here is the second one:



Here are the supplies for it:

Background:  Color = 85,85,50

Embellishments
_Designer Kits\Very Merry Twenty-Five - embellishments\Very Merry Twenty-Five - top note label
_Designer Kits\Very Merry Twenty-Five - embellishments\Very Merry Twenty-Five - very merry 25 label
Designer Rosettes\Designer Rosettes - pointed old olive
Vintage Faceted Buttons\Vintage Faceted Buttons - small 1
_Designer Kits\Home for the Holidays - embellishments\Home for the Holidays - flag trees

Stamps
Vintage Overlays\Vintage Overlays - texture 1
Natural Composition Overlays\Natural Composition Overlays - 9, Color = VERY VANILLA
_Designer Kits\Eventful Year\Eventful Year - joy, Color = 165,29,45

I worked the Soup Kitchen yesterday and we made an old family favorite casserole that my mom used to make when I was growing up.  My mom was not much of a cook but a neighbor gave her this recipe and it was a good one for her to make.  I can't tell you how many times I've made it. I love to makeand take it to new neighbors or when you need to take a dish to a shut in, etc.  You can freeze it too and have it anytime. The people at the Soup Kitchen really enjoyed it.  If you want to make it, here is the recipe:   6 LAYER CASSEROLE 1 lb. hamburger meat (raw) layer of onion layer of green peppers layer of thin sliced potatoes 1 cup rice canned tomatoes on top   Cook 350 degrees for 1 hour.   I played Bunco and Left,Right,Center last night in my neighborhood.  I haven't joined the ladies for bunco in almost 2 years.  I don't know why.  I enjoy it whenever I go.  But it is always held on the 2nd Tuesday which is when Soup Kitchen is and I usually just don't feel up for it.  Tonight I was hungry though and knew Sonny would not want much for dinner since it is his shooting day and I was tired of soup!  I ended up winning one of the prizes for the most binkos so it was a productive evening as well as fun and I got to visit with some neighborhood friends that I hadn't seen in a while.

No comments: