Monday, August 20, 2012

Girly and Masculine

Hope you had a restful weekend.  For some I think this was the weekend before the start of school.  But not for us here in Catawba County - they started school 2 weeks ago!  Really early so it wasn't much of a break for the teachers.  Glad I don't work for the school system here.  I usually went back to work 2-3 weeks before the students when I worked at Coppell High School.  My job was in the Counseling Office and our biggest job in the summer (besides transcripts for students heading off to college) was preparing the schedules for the following year.  I have fond memories of working on those shedules and sometimes I miss it.  But other times, I'm glad for where I am now.  I wouldn't have time to play bridge, hand & foot, mahjong, go to the movies during the day, play in my craft room, go out on the boat, etc. etc. .... al the fun things we do when we retire!

Sonny and I went out on the boat for a few hours on Saturday.  We were trying to beat the rain.  We fixed our lunch and headed out.  We only had a couple of hours before the sky turned pretty black so we headed back to shore.  Oh well ..... gave me a little more time to be crafty.  I mostly worked on some MDS projects.  I am trying to get a few things finished so I can send them to SU to be published and take advantage of the 31% off sale

Sunday Marianne, Mom and I went to see Hope Springs at the movie theatre.  It was really good.  I just love Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones.  It was a different role for him but he did a good job.  I saw him a couple of weeks ago on The View and they were really struggling to interview him.  He mostly gave them one word answers and didn't expand too much.  It was funny watching them trying to pull the words out of him.  They finally pretty much gave up and concentrated on interviewing Meryl.  I was surprised to learn that he went to Harvard!  He is a Texas boy and went to school at St Mark's in Dallas which is a very good private school.

Here are a couple of cards I made recently.  They use retired product but you could definitely substitute other DSP, etc.


Isn't this a great card for a man?  I used my Pennant Punch to make the ties.  The middle bowtie has a button in the center and the top and bottom ties just have DSP circles in the center.  I used a black Sharpie to doodle around the edges.


So from a masculine card to a girly card.  I got this stamp set at a used stamp sale recently.  It is retired but I got it for a good price and thought it was cute.  The dress forms are stamped directly on the Crumb Cake cardstock and the middle one is paper pieced.

No comments: