Thursday, March 1, 2012

Startburst Card

Each week I receive a newsletter from Splitcoast Stampers with new techniques and ideas in card making.  It is free so if you are not signed up for it, you should!!  So one of today's "hot topics" was how to make a Starburst background.  It is great for using up scraps of DSP.  I just love how this card turned out using the Twitterpated DSP from the Occasions Mini Catalog.

I even made a "lolly" medallion out of the DSP.  So what are you waiting for?  Gather up some of your scraps and make one yourself.  Here is the tutorial for the card - http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/2011/06/tutorial-starburst.html

I attended the Newcomers Southern Living luncheon today.  We had so much food that I didn't have to eat any dinner!!  There were about 25 ladies there and each brought a dish from the Southern Living magazine.  We had 4 appetizers, 4 salads (all of them were a variation of spinach salad), 4 main dishes (all of them chicken!), 3-4 vegetables, 2 breads and 2 cakes, 1 pie, 1 cobbler, and pecan bars!  Wow!  I sampled a little of everything (except the carrots and asparagus) and it was all delicious.  But I am still stuffed!!  I have a friend who had a knee replacement last week and just came home from the hospital today.  So, I made her a plate - well, actually 3 plates!  That should tide her over for a couple of days!

I have been walking with a bit of spring in my step.  Some good things have been happening in my family and things are starting to look up for strained relationships.  I am hopeful! 

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Beautiful card, Sharon! I love the starburst, and your medallion is a wonderful way to compliment it!