Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Sis!

Today was my sister, Marianne's birthday.  I made her this card which I just love!  I'm going to wait until we go to Texas next week  to buy her present.  We are going to the outlet mall in San Marcos where they have a Vera Bradley store.  I'm sure she will find something there she has to have!

 I used the stamp set, Flower Fest which I need to use more.  I just love how this card turned out.  I stamped the flower 4 times on Almost Amethyst cardstock (retired, darn it!) with Versamark Ink and embossed them with white embossing powder.  I used my Aqua Painter to add a darker purple (Vintage Violet - retired) onto the petals.  I stamped the leaves with Versamark onto Certainly Celery.  I cut them all out separately and stacked the flowers on top of each other with dimensionals.  The "happy birthday" is from A Word for You.  (I masked off "with a cherry on top")  I found the ribbon in my jar of ribbon remnants and crinkled it with the heat gun. 

Tonight the family met Marianne and her boys at a Mexican restaurant in Statesville.  Of course, the waiters sang to her and I got this great picture of her!!!


Happy Birthday baby sis!!

No comments: