Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Negative and the Positive

I made this card using another one of the goodies that my friend, Judy, gave me last week.  This time it is the Sizzix leaf die.  I saw a card similar to this one on Pininterest.  It is so easy to make but a Wow! card I think.  You use both the negative and positive images of the leaf die.  The DSP is from the Twitterpated pack which is in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  I used the Daisy Sizzix Die for the flower and a corduroy button (retired) for the center.  I love these buttons and hate that SU discontinued them.  Luckily, I stocked up on them when they were on Clearance.  The ribbon is also from Clearance - actually, you can still purchase it on the Clearance rack for $3.49 for the roll which is a great price for almost 10 yards of ribbon.  I love this ribbon because it ties so nicely.  At the top of my blog, just click on the Clearance tab to look at the other items available.  There are still several punches available on Clearance also.

(A tip - if you are going to order  items from Clearance or the regular on-line store, make sure you make it worthwhile as far as shipping - SU puts a minimum of $6.95 for shipping on orders so to just order one roll of ribbon would not be smart - order other items or go in with a friend and share the shipping.)


No comments: