Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Stamping Queens Sketch #30

I used My Digital Studio this week to make my Stamping Queens challenge.  This is the Attic Boutique Designer Paper from the Mini Catalog (pg. 23).  It is so pretty and reminds me of my grandmother's attic.  Oh the treasures I would find up there!  It is also like the quilts my sister is making for me for my guest room.  My good "girlfriend" from Florida sent me 2 twin quilt kits that had been given to her.  So, I turned to my quilt making sister, Marianne, to make them for me.   She is so sweet!  I've got to come up with something extra special to do for her.


We had a pretty easy sketch this week.  I don't kow that I particularly care for this sketch but it was definitely easy!

I had a busy day today.  I left the house around 7:30 a.m. and headed for the Soup Kitchen.  We made BBQ pork chops, baked beans and cornbread.  It was pretty easy and we had it all in the ovens by 9:30 and ended up standing around and visiting until we served the meal at 11.  After I left, I dropped by Marianne's house to visit.  She had come home early to meet a repair man.  They've been in their house about 20 years and things are starting to need replacing - first it was the furnace, next her drier and this week it is the hot water heater.  When I got home around 4, Sonny and I worked out in the yard spreading mulch in the flower beds until dinner time.  I brought some fresh vegetables home that had been donated to the Soup Kitchen.  Most of the patrons there don't like the fresh veggies so what they don't take, they offer to the volunteers.  I brought home spinach, broccoli, artichoke, mushrooms, green pepper, and squash.  I had never cooked fresh spinach so I tried it tonight and it was DELICIOUS!!  It will be one of my favorites from now on! I just put a little olive oil in my skillet and browned some fresh garlic; next I added the spinach and cooked it for about 2 minutes - until it all became "wilted" looking; added a little salt and yummy!!  And so good for you too!

No comments: