Friday, March 4, 2011

Going to the Birds

I made a couple of cards last night while watching TV.  One of the stamp sets I picked up locally last week and the other one is a Stampin' Up set that belongs to Ashley.  It is one of the stamps that you can get FREE during Saleabration!!

I bought a card making magazine this week at M's that I have been wanting and used it tonight for my color choices.  I usually pick my colors with SU's Color Coach which I love!!  But decided to try something different tonight.  Picking my colors is what usually takes me the longest time in making cards!!


The magazine along with my two bird cards

 I just realized that I haven't stamped the chain for the birdcage in the center!  Glad I saw it.  The colors I used for this card are mostly retired SU - Brilliant Blue, Cool Caribbean and Chocolate Chip & Certainly Celery (not ret'd). I also used the Modern Label Punch.



This card also uses some retired colors - Brilliant Blue, Gable Green, and YoYo Yellow.  It's funny - I hardly used these colors when they were part of our color family and now I am drawn to them.  Aren't these little birdies cute?  The stamp set is Happy Together.

I'm taking my mom shopping today and out to lunch.  Keep your fingers crossed that I don't buy too much!  We are going to a place in China Grove that has overstocks and that type of deals.  They only open a few times a year with some pretty good buys.  I have only been once before and ended up spending more that mom and I didn't even want to go!!  I did get a pair of black jeans from Coldwater Creek for a steal.  I would love to find another deal like that.  Last time there was also a shoe warehouse open for a limited time across the street and of course, I had to buy a pair of suede boots!

No comments: