Thursday, March 3, 2011

American Idol Girls Performances

I was expecting a lot more of the girls' performances on Idol, but they were only so-so for me - except for a few of them.  The top five vote-getters from both the top 12 boys and the top 12 girls will be automatically sent to this season’s  finalists spot, but it’s not over just yet for the other 14 singers.  There will be a series of wildcard saves decided upon by the judges to keep a little balance between what production wants and what America wants, assuming we make a mistake or two. There will be some serious “sing for your life” moments if this plays out with those bottom 14 singing for a still unknown quantity of Judges’ Picks.   I've read in different places that we'll have the "sing offs" on tonight's show and I've also heard that the  "sing-offs" will happen next week  If they don't do the "sing-offs" tonight, it could get very boring waiting for Ryan to do his suspense thing for TWO hours.  In my opinion, they are really stretching this thing out but that is nothing new  for Idol I guess!!

So here are my thoughts on the girls' performances:

Ta-Tynisa Wilson, “Only Girl.” Her performance was a bit weak. Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez were much kinder than Randy Jackson.
 
Naima Adedapo, “Summertime.”   She sounded good but  I'm not sure if that was the song to get her through.  I like it but I'm old - don't know how the younger people will like it! 

Kendra Chantelle, “Impossible.”  I just don’t think she did enough to stand out even with the tight leather pants!

Rachel Zevita, “Criminal.” From her drag queen opening to her pouty attitude to the judges, Rachel didn’t do herself any favors tonight either.  Rachel still has a good voice, she just freaked me out a little bit tonight. 

Karen Rodriguez, “Hero.” Her performance gave J Lo goosebumps.  She was good but I can't say I got goosebumps!  She sang in English and Spanish which was really cool.


Lauren Turner, “Seven Day Fool.”  I didn’t take any notes during her song because I was busy enjoying her fantastic performance. She’s got soul.  I loved it!

 Ashton Jones, “Love Over Me.” She just needs to skip this  show and cut an album. That is all.  

Julie Zorrilla, “Break Away.” The judges did not like her but I didn't think she was all that bad.

Haley Reinhart, “Fallin’” I thought the song and act was a little too old for her.  She put a sexy spin on it and her voice is pretty unique to this competition.  Judges like her though.

 Thia Megia, “Out Here On My Own.”  She is a great technical singer. Her tone is flawless. But her stage presence isn’t there yet.  She’s also coming off a lot older than 15.   


Lauren Alaina, “Turn on The Radio.” Lauren is a natural.  This was one of my favorites tonight!

Pia Toscano, “I’ll Stand By You.” Wow. Just wow.  What a performance.  People were even crying. She got the only standing ovation.  No one can say that wasn’t the best performance of the night. I don’t care who your favorite is. 

1 comment:

Josie0602 said...

I love that you are posting about Idol!! I am a big fan too!! I think Lauren Alaina is my favorite girl and I love Scotty and Stefano and Casey...the guys are a harder choice for me. Lots of good ones!!