Saturday, February 1, 2020

Valentines with Meant to Be

I think I've found my mojo!  I haven't been too busy this week (except bridge on Monday) so I have gotten a lot of stamping done!  I made 4 cards yesterday which is good for me.  I used to do that all the time but lately if I get one card made without getting distracted by a good book, a game, etc I am doing good.  Tuesday I concentrated on making Valentine cards which I will put in my customers orders.  I had the Meant to Be bundle on my desk that I bought last year and used it on all these cards.


I found the dark pink colored heart in my scraps so pulled it out for this card.  It is a light metallic paper that wrinkles real easy so it was good to just use a bit of it peeking out behind the Powder Pink heart.  I used Berry Burst ribbon and card base which is retired but you could easily substitute Petal Pink and Rich Razzleberry.  I'm just not a fan of the Petal Pink.


I paired the Powder Pink with Soft Suede this time.  The pink ribbon is retired but the Crumb Cake ribbon is part of the Magnolia Lane Suite.


This time I paired Powder Pink with Basic Black.  I found a piece of retired DSP and retired ruffled ribbon to use on the card.


Now, this card about did me in!!  I die cut the long string of hearts from black cardstock.  But then I decided it would be much easier if I die cut them using the adhesive sheets first instead of using glue.  Well, I goofed and didn't put the black cardstock on the die!  I ended up having the sticky paper all over my die, my fingers, my desk, my tools ......!   It took me forever - and a lot of Goo Gone - to clean up the die.  I still think I need to soak it a bit more with Goo Gone or really hot water and a toothbrush!  I used all the little hearts that came out with the long (sticky) die to glue into the holes.  I used some retired DSP and ribbon on the card.

No comments: