Saturday, February 29, 2020

February Stamp Class

I'm back home!  It was a fun trip and I was sad when it was over .... but it's always good to sleep in your own bed!!  I've been on the run ever since I returned home with doctor appointments, playing cards and stamp club.  Today was good to just do nothing but getting caught up on laundry, etc.

Here are the cards we made this month in class.  They really like them!

Stamp set & dies - Positive Thoughts.  There are a lot of nice decorative dies in this kit.  If you look closely, you can see the punched trim around the white cardstock.   And check out the decorative piece hanging just beneath the sentiment.  I used Balmy Blue and Pear Pizzazz.

DSP from a variety pack that I was able to order as a demo.  This piece is from Best Dressed (mini catalog).  I stamped the cake (Happy Birthday to You - a Sale-a-Bration stamp) with Versamark and heat embossed it in white.  We used alcohol markers and colored on the back of the vellum in various shades of pink and green.  I mounted the vellum onto a piece of white cardstock to make it stand out better.

This was a WOW card that is really simple to make.  I stamped the Dandelion in StazOn Black ink onto a piece of watercolor paper.  I used the Aqua Pen to color the little flowers in Daffodil, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point,  Gorgeous Grape and Pear Pizzazz.  On a scrap of watercolor paper, I blended the same colors and punched them out with a Circle Punch and then stamped the sentiment in StazOn.

This was the favorite - an easel card that looks so elegant!  The Highland Heather piece is embossed with Country Floral folder.  The DSP is Magnolia Lane that we colored with SU Blends.  What a difference it makes!  I really love the silver oval piece that is embossed with the Heirloom Stampin Cut and Emboss folders.

Another simple card but with the silver paper embossed with the Subtle folder, it really packs a punch.  The DSP is retired now but anything would work.
I hope you enjoyed these cards and make a few for yourself!

No comments: