Monday, February 10, 2020

Happy Birthday To You!

Hope you had a nice weekend.  Mine was pretty quiet but I got a few things done that have been on my list for a while - like mopping the floor!  Ugh!  But it's got to be done.  Saturday I spent a lot of time in the kitchen.  I am trying to do a weekly meal plan so I'm not just rummaging in the fridge to find something for dinner every night.  I made a big pot of onion soup for dinner last night.  I have never made onion soup from scratch but it turned out really good.  I also made a chocolate fudge cheesecake .... well, it's really a fake cheesecake but it's good anyway.  It's really easy too.  If you want to give it a try, here's the recipe -

3 eggs
3 cups fat free plain yogurt
1 small box sugar free, fat free chocolate fudge pudding mix
1/2 Tbs vanilla
3 Tbs sugar substitute (I used Splenda)

Whisk eggs, vanilla, Spenda mixing well.  Add yogurt and pudding mix and mix all together.  Pour into lightly greased springform pan.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  (It will look jiggly but it sill set when chilled.)  Let cool for 15-20 minutes before covering it with plastic wrap and put in fridge.  Best chilled overnight.

Enjoy!

I have been binge watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.  I got an Amazon Fire Stick last week so I could get movies and other things on tv.  We have cable but I wanted to watch some of the Amazon Prime movies and enjoy the music I can get now.  So far, I'm loving it.  I finished the first season of Mrs. Maisel this afternoon.  I recommend it to you.  It's really funny.

Here is the card I am sharing with you today.  You can never have too many birthday cards!  I used Happy Birthday to You from the Sale-a-Bration catalog.  With a purchase of $50, you can get this stamp set for FREE!


For this card, I used a piece of Designer Series Paper on the background from Lily Impressions.  This DSP is in the Sale-a-Bration catalog and you can get it FREE with a $50 purchase.  I colored the cake and flowers with the SU Blends.  I put rhinestones in the centers of the flowers.


For this card, I used DSP from Best Dressed.  I embossed the cake and flowers with white embossing powder and used the Stitched Rectangle Dies on the white cardstock.  The card is from Lovely Lipstick and matted onto Petal Pink cardstock.

No comments: