Monday, February 3, 2020

No Matter the Weather - Under My Umbrella

I'm having fun with Under My Umbrella stamp set!  We have had a lot of rain this winter but I guess that's better than having a lot of snow and ice!  Last Friday, Sonny and I drove to Troutman to try out a restaurant someone had told him about.  It was a cold and rainy day but while we were out, it turned to a beautiful snowfall.  The flakes were huge and it was so pretty.  It didn't last long - maybe an hour or so - which was fine by me.  Anyway, we got to Troutman and proceeded to try and find this restaurant.  All Sonny could remember was that it was near Food Lion.  He couldn't remember who told him about the place, what they served, or the name of the restaurant - just that the food they had sounded good to him.  Needless to say, we did not find the restaurant although there was a restaurant right in front of Food Lion called Dixie that I think was probably the one.  He wasn't sure so we drove on to Statesville to a little dive (Phifers) that we like that serves the best fried chicken!  That's when it started to snow.  

OK - on to my cards.


Aren't those rain boots the cutest?  I stamped the umbrellas onto Gingham paper (retired 6x6 pack) and fussy cut the boots.  The sentiment is punched with the Pretty Label Punch.  I stamped the flowers directly on the Whisper White cardstock and colored them with my SU Blends.  The card base is Lemon Lime Twist (retired, but one of my favorite colors - I stocked up on it when it retired.)


This card was a fun one!  I stamped the umbrellas with black Staz-On ink, masking the umbrellas as I moved up the card.  I first used Watercolor Pencils and the Aqua Pen to color the umbrellas but I didn't like it.  So, I pulled out my Watercolor Crayons that have probably been retired about 10 years but I still love them.  They worked much better and I just colored right over the pencils. 

No comments: