Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Swap Cards

Marianne and I traveled to Matthews this weekend (only about 45 minute trip for us) for the NC Demos Quarterly meeting.  Before we got there, we were both hungry for lunch and spotted a restaurant right off Independence Blvd. with a banner hanging down advertising their Soul Food!  Marianne quickly changed lanes and pulled in!!  It was delicious (even if we were the only white people in the small restaurant!) I had fried chicken, black-eyed peas, mashed potatoes and cornbread - all freshly made.  Sure wish we lived closer to that restaurant .... or maybe I don't if I think I'm going to lose weight!!

We had a great time at the Quarterly and came back Saturday afternoon really tired!

These are the two cards I took for my swaps.


This card was for the Sale-a-Bration swap using Flowering Fields stamp (pg. 12).  I stamped the images in black ink and used markers to color in the flowers and butterfly.  The sentiment is from Flower Patch (from the annual catalog,)  I used the Curvy Corner Trio Punch for the top right edge and the Proj. Life Corner Rounder for the Melon Mambo layer.  The card base is Blackberry Bliss.  I also used the new Wink of Stella (clear) on the flowers but it is hard to see that in the picture.  I LOVE that Wink of Stella.  I have not tried the gold yet - only the clear.  It is easy to use and just leaves a hint of glitter.

Here are a few other ideas for using this stamp set:

Flowering Fields Stamp Set and Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper

Now for my next swap card.


This card was made for the Occasions Catalog swap.  I used  the stamp set, Balloon Builders to make this card.  This set is great and I can't wait to "go outside the box" with it.  The versatile shapes let you create anything you can imagine!  I also like the soft colors on this card.  I used Wisteria Wonder, Blushing Bride, Pool Party and Smoky Slate.  There is also a coordinating punch for the balloons.  (pg. 13 - 14)

No comments: