Sunday, January 24, 2016

Background Techniques

At the Charlotte Quarterly, we did a Technique Swap.  Not many people signed up for it so I didn't have to do many to swap.  I really like the Bokeh Technique and that is what I decided to do.
 
 


Here are the other techniques that I swapped for: 
 

This next one - Salt Resist - is one I haven't tried.








There was also a Background class offered Friday morning.  I didn't take it but here are the unique backgrounds they completed using hot glue!!





We have had snow, ice, thundersnow, freezing rain .... you name it - if it's cold, we've had it the past few days.  It started after midnight Thursday.  I think we got a layer of ice; then snow; then more ice.  I have just stayed nice and warm inside working on a digital scrapbook and I finished it!!  The temps got above freezing today so a little melting has started.  But, our neighborhood has not been touched so I won't be driving in it for a while.  School was canceled Friday and has already been canceled for Monday - as well as my bridge game.  I like these kind of snowy days.  I can always find something to do but Sonny gets a little stir crazy!  He went out today and cleared a path in the driveway.  Then he drove my car and his truck up the driveway and I think he drove his truck to the post office just to see how the roads were. 

In the meantime, I just finished watching the Broncos beat New England (did my heart good to see Tom Brady's sad face!) and I am pulling for the Panthers to beat Arizona.  I usually pull for Arizona .... but not against the Steelers or the Panthers!  I think Carolina can beat Denver in the Super Bowl!

1 comment:

Barbara r. said...

Interesting techniques. TFS I am going to try the Watercolor Distress.

BTW - I agree with you about the Panters. I love Peyton Manning and think this is his last year, so it would be nice to go out with a Superbowl win, but the Panthers are really strong this year.