Thursday, January 21, 2016

January Stamp Club cards

Luckily, the sun is still shining here this morning so my friends can make it to Stamp Club today!  I'm ready and feeling better today.  Think my cold is on it's way to bother someone else - just hopefully not Sonny!!

I wanted to do cards from the Occasions Catalog as well as throw in a little bit of Sale-a-Bration stamps this month.


I love this little chick from Sale-a-Bration (Honeycomb Happiness)!  I stamped him (or maybe her??) on watercolor paper and used the Aqua Painter and Crushed Curry ink "squished" into the lid to color him.  The DSP comes from the Love Blossoms paper stack and matches the Rose Red card..  The balloon is stamped separately, colored and popped up with dimensionals.  I stamped the sentiment with white ink and poured white embossing powder on it, heat embossed and then cut out separately.



This next card also uses a stamp from Sale-a-Bration (Botanicals for You) and the DSP is from the same paper stack as above.  To make the flower, I punched out 4 circles with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch.  Each circle is folded in half and then folded in half again.  The four folded pieces are hot glued to a 1" circle base.  I die cut the leaves from Flower Fair Framelets.



On these next two cards, I used the Picture Perfect stamp set that I LOVE!!  They each have their choice as to which card they want to make.  My Tuesday group both chose the humming bird.  We'll see what today's gals choose.  I mainly want them to learn the two-step technique of stamping.







The next two cards are both Valentines.  Again they get to choose which card they want to make.  They are both made with the Balloon Builders stamp set.  The balloons in the first card are stamped with Blushing Bride and Watermelon Wonder ink.  Before stamping, we used a cloud template and sponged Soft Sky in the background.  The finishing touch was using Wink of Stella to add a bit of glitter!!



I just love these little dogs made with the Balloon Builders stamp set!!



I just want to mention that there are a few items in the Sale-a-Bration catalog that will only be available through mid February when they will be replaced by other items.  The limited time items are:  Sky is the Limit, Perfectly Artistic DSP, and Hello (on pages 16-19).  So, if you have your eye on any of those items, you better order now!!

No comments: