Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 2016!!





I haven't ushered in 2016 yet - got about 25 minutes here in Texas until 2016 arrives!  Sonny and I are on our own tonight.  Ashley's friends surprised her with a flight to DC where they are celebrating her 40th birthday in style.  They have been planning this surprise since July and it has been hard keeping quiet!  She has known for a few weeks that she was flying somewhere because she had to take leave for the days she will be gone.  One of her friends flew to DC yesterday from Texas and another gal came by this morning at 6:45 to give her the plane ticket and take her to the airport.  I don't know how she worked it but she flew to DC too.  I'm guessing she dropped Ashley at the door with Ashley not knowing she was going too while she parked and sneaked back in the airport.  But looks like they are having fun!



Sonny and I had an early dinner at a Mexican restaurant and then went to the movies.  I had been wanting to see Joy so Sonny agreed.  It was terrible!!  I really owe Sonny now for sitting through that horrible movie.  Don't waste your money!!  We came back to Ashley's and watched a movie on TV that was much better (Alex Cross) and are now watching the countdown on tv and waiting for midnight.  We fly home tomorrow and will be celebrating Christmas with my NC family on Saturday.

Have a safe and prosperous 2016!!

No comments: