Friday, August 15, 2014

MDS Monday - The World of Coca Cola

The MDS Monday design team posts a sketch each Monday and anyone can play along with it.  My sketch was chosen last week and shared on their blog HERE.  I was honored.  I have applied to be on their Design Team and am keeping my fingers crossed!

Here is this week's sketch:



Here is my page based on the sketch above:


Talk about colorful?!!  This page sure qualifies (although that was not a criteria!)  These pictures are from our visit to the World of Coca Cola a couple of years ago.  I matched all the paper and background to the colors in the middle picture.  I used overlays on the two solid papers and the background paper (Hip & Handson and Kaleidescope).  I love using Overlays - it changes up a solid paper and gives it pizazz!!  For my title, I used a text box (font - Bernard MT Condensed in size 64) for "the world of" and did the text in black; then I copied and pasted it in place, changing the color to white.  I put the black on top and just moved it over and up with my arrow keys a couple of times to give the shadow effect.  I also did the same thing with "Coca Cola" except I used the Smitten Alphabet Punch and filled it with Real Red.  This is a skinny alphabet so by copying and pasting and moving it over a little bit, it gives the appearance of being "fatter."  The swirls in the corners are from "For the Grad."  This was a fun page to make.

4 comments:

Suzanne Johnson said...

What a fun, splashy page! I love how you coordinated your DSPs with the colors and patterns in the photos! Great job!

Heidi Baks said...

I just love the retro feel of the papers you chose. So fun! Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

beth rush said...

I had no idea such a place even existed! Your page looks as fun as your photos! Thanks for joining us at mds monday!

jjcreations said...

What a fabulously funky fun page! Love all your colours and designs to co-ordinate with the photos. Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday.