Wednesday, August 27, 2014

For All Things with a Technique

Well, I guess you know what I was doing today (besides cleaning bathrooms - ugh!)  I decided I needed a new blog header and since it is approaching fall, decided on a fall theme.  Although the weather is not quite fall-like yet!  Just heard the weather forecast and it is to be in the 90s for the next few days with a few afternoon thundershowers thrown in.  That will make Ashley happy.  Last week when we were having wonderful lower temps, she was hoping by the time she arrived, we would be hot again.  Well, it will be so she will be happy.  Although you would think someone coming here from Texas where it's over 100 every day, would be hoping for the cooler weather.  Not my girl - she thrives on the heat!

I did have time today to work on my final shoebox card for this weekend.  I can't share it with you until next week but I do have a fall card to share.  I bought the For All Things stamp set at convention.  I love the watercolor look to the stamps.  I think fall is my favorite time of the year - maybe because my birthday is in the fall (although I don't think I am going to have any more birthdays unless I can count backwards!)

I used a technique that we learned at convention on this card.  I tapped my Soft Suede ink pad all over the raised portion of the Honeycomb Embossing Folder.  Next I put my Very Vanilla card stock inside the folder and closed it.  Then just using my hand, I rubbed over the folder, transferring the ink to my card. Make sure to use caution closing and opening the folder so you do not smear the ink.  It makes a faint pattern - some areas darker than others.

I stamped everything directly on the card using Soft Suede, Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey and Soft Suede.  I scattered a few sequins on (using glue dots) and tied a Mellow Moss ribbon.



To see other cards using thiis technique, check out the Stampin' Up Blog HERE.

No comments: