Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Paper Craft Challenge

I made my digital card this week for the Paper Craft Crew challenge in time this week!  We had a pretty simple sketch this time so it was a quick card to make (once I made up my mind what to do!!)



Last night we had an early little birthday celebration.  I got 10 free tickets to the Comedy Club at Galway Hooker restaurant so we invited some of our friends and family to go.  The comedian was really funny.  We had a couple of comedians that opened for the main gal that were just ok.  But the main act was really funny.  We all had a good time plus a great dinner!

Today we went out on the boat with the Catawban group.  I thought it would be really cold since the temps have been the low 70s this week.  But the sun was really warm and I was wishing I had on short sleeves instead of long!  But it was fun.  I made some kettle corn and it was a big hit!  I had to make two batches because I ate about half of the first batch while I was making it!!  I got the recipe this weekend from a gal at the quarterly.  She said the secret to making it is to use a Whirly Pop popcorn popper.  I happened to have one that was given to me many years ago so I dug it out today.  It was so easy!  Here is the recipe if you are interested:

1/2 C Oil
2/3 C Popcorn
1/3 C Sugar (regular white granulated)
Heat oil in Whirly Popper w/3 kernels.  Once they pop, add the popcorn and sugar.  Turn the Whirly Pop handle continuously until done.  The handle will get hard to turn when it is done.  Take it off the heat so it does not burn.  Dump into a bowl; let cool 1-2 minutes; add salt to taste.  Don't add salt while cooking - it will ruin it.

You can get a Whirly Popper at Bed & Bath and use your coupon.  I have seen them there before.

No comments: