Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Made it to Florida!!

I had a pretty uneventful 65th birthday yesterday.  I got a wake-up call from my mom at 8:30 am but she actually didn't realize it was my birthday.  She knew it was on Tuesday but didn't realize that it WAS Tuesday until later that night!!  She told me later that was what I got for waking her up 65 years ago wanting to make my appearance into this world!  Later in the morning, Ashley called to wish me a happy birthday and while talking to her, my girlfriend called from Texas.  To top it off, I got a phone call from my son, Jeff and his family Tuesday night just as we were checking into our hotel in St. Augustine, Florida.  That made my day!  It was so great to talk to all of them.  Monday was Darcie's birthday (my daughter in law) and we had texted back and forth Monday night when I couldn't reach her by phone.

Yes, we made it to St. Augustine  - leaving home around 11:30 and arriving here about 7:30.  A long day rainy in the car - especially for Sonny who did all the driving.  Today I am excited to be meeting up with Karen, my college roomie, after 40 years!!  I wonder if we will even recognize each other.  After our reunion, we will be driving to Ft Lauderdale to pick Ashley up at the airport and then heading on over to Miami to our hotel.  Thursday morning, we will find a place to put the car and head on over for our cruise.  Super excited! 

So you might not hear from me for a few days.  Internet is too costly on the ship so I will be waiting until Monday to do more posting .... except for the posts I have scheduled in advance.

Ta-Ta for now!!

No comments: