Saturday, February 11, 2012

Spice Cake Flower from Sale-a-Bration

How do you like my blog background and banner?  Just proves how much I love the DSP from the Sale-a-Bration catalog, Everyday Enchantment.   I used My Digital Studio to make both of them.

There are so many creative ways to make flowers.  For this card, I made the flower like the one that is in the Sale-a-Bration catalog on page 11.  I found a tutorial for the flower on Jackie Topia's blog.  You have to do a little sewing, but it is worth it for this great flower! 



I used fabric from Spice Cake.  It coordinates with the More Mustard, Pool Party and Soft Suede cardstock. 

Now I want to get the Flirtatious fabric from the Sale-a-Bration catalog - FREE - and make a Melon Mambo flower!! 

Hope you are having a good weekend. It was really cold here today.  I don't think it got out of the 30s and the wind went right through you.  I don't think tomorrow is going to be much warmer either.  But afterall, it is February!  Sonny and I went to the movies today to see Man On A Ledge.  It was pretty good - very suspenseful.  We had started out to see Safe House but we got the time wrong and arrived too late.  So, guess we'll try next week to see it.  Tomorrow we are going to see the Charlotte Checkers (hockey team) play in downtown Charlotte.  This will be our first hockey game of the season this year.

No comments: