Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Sis!

I've been on a roll lately making cards and most of them have flowers of some type on them!  Guess the nice spring-type weather has me thinking of things coming to bloom, sunshine and flowers!   Yesterday was my sister, Angela's birthday.   I can remember when she was born.  I was 8 years old and went from being an only child to being a big sister.  Last night Mom, Marianne and I took her to dinner at her choice, Texas Steak House.  It was a nice girls night out for all of us.




 This is the birthday card I made for Angela.  I used a stamp set that we were given at SU Convention last summer, Best Friends Forever (BFF).  This is the first time I had used the stamp.  I really like the leaf stamp and the other stamps but don't have a lot of use for the BFF part.  The supplies I used are:

Cardstock:  Concord Crush, Melon Mambo, Cheerful Treat DSP (hostess item), Whisper White
Stamps:  Best Friends Forever, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Accessories:  Sale-a-Bration Brad, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch, sequins (non-SU), Memory Box die, Decorative Label Punch

I'm going to become a Great Aunt (again) any time now.  My nephew, Jack and his wife, Katrina are at the hospital in Austin, Texas welcoming Jack Frost IV into the world.  My brother in law called us several hours ago to tell us they were at the hospital and Katrina had been given the epidural.  The baby is early - Katrina wasn't due until March 11 but I guess he had his own agenda.  Say a prayer that everything is coming out ok.

No comments: