Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mixed Bunch

I've been playing with the Mixed Bunch stamp and punch from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  I told myself I didn't need another flower stamp not to mention another punch.  Well, famous last words!!  I really love this set.   Look at the card below - you don't see a stamped flower, do you?  Well, I used the stamp and punch to make the butterfly!!

I used a technique called Reverse Stamping to make the butterfly. I stamped the flower on white cardstock using White Pigment ink. Then I put white embossing powder on the image and used my heat gun to melt the powder. Next I used sponge daubers with Baja Blue ink and Artichoke ink on the image. Then I used my scissors to cut away a couple of the petals to make the butterfly shape.





Other supplies used for this card are:
  • Beyond the Garden DSP
  • Chocolate Chip & Baja Blue cardstock
  • Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Stampin' Up Dimensionals
I had several of my club members over this afternoon for a tutorial on My Digital Studio.  I just hope I didn't overwhelm them!  I have found the best way to learn MDS is to play with it.  I have had the program for a couple of years and I am still learning.  Stampin' Up has a great website that has samples, video and a forum for questions and answers that is a great help.

No comments: