Sunday, January 15, 2012

Organization

How do you like my new Blog Header?  I did it in My Digital Studio using pictures I've taken during the year.  The first picture of Sonny and I was taken when we were in San Antonio in December at Christmas.  The next picture is Ashley and I in Ireland at one of the many pubs we visited.  Next is Marianne (sister) and I in our Steelers gear - I think it was during Super Bowl 2 years ago in Pittsburgh.  The next one is Sonny, Ashley and I in Ireland at Powerscourt Waterfalls between Dublin and Killkenny.  Next is Ashley and I at Ft. Hood when she returned from Iraq.  Not a great picture of me but remember, I had been sitting out in the 100+ temperature for about 3 hours!!!  The last one is the three of us at the Smithwick Brewery where we discovered our new favorite pint to enjoy.

I have been busy this weekend.  I finished cleaning my stamp room and moved furniture around.  I think I am going to like it.  I just hope I haven't organized my things to the point that I can't find them!!   I'm so excited about my ribbon holder!!  Here are a few pictures of the finished project:

This is my desk.  I didn't move it because I get such good light from the window.  Plus I can watch the birds and squirrels scamper around on the roof.  It won't stay this clean for long!  I love this desk with the great pull out baskets.  It is one that Ashley bought for herself when she was in high school.  It was used by her, Jeff (her brother) when she went to college, back to her for a brief time and then to me! 

This is the desk that I moved against the wall.  It previously was turned 90 degrees and I swiveled around to either desk.  It was sticking out in the middle of the room and this way gives me more floor space.  Under the desk are two Iris Carts which I have labeled each drawer so I know what is in there.  Note my Stamp Pad rack - it sits on the desk and holds all my SU stamp pads and refills.  Sonny made it for me several years ago and I love it!  The punches are held up with Ikea racks.  I need more!!!
This is my ribbon rack (on the right) which holds all my SU ribbon that is current in the 2011-12 catalog except for the wide striped grosgrain.  There are clips at the bottom to hold scraps of ribbon.   The ribbon shelf on the left is one I picked up a couple of years ago at an antique store - it is for a kitchen or bathroom and is supposed to hold a roll of paper towels. I added a dowel rod through the decorative iron scrolling on the side so I could add more ribbon to it.   I have 6 SU Ribbon Boxes on the shelf and the two dowels that hold all my non-SU or retired ribbon.


These are my shelves that hold my SU stamps.  I put all my non-SU stamps in the attic room which is accessible through my closet.  The shelf unit on the right holds all retired stamps!  On top are plastic jars (that used to hold nuts) with bits and pieces of ribbon in them.  I have them labeled as to colors.  I would like to start taking my wooden stamps apart and than I would have much more room.  The shelf on the left was made by my wonderful hubby!  (He's so handy.)  I have my current SU stamps, my Sizzix dies and other odds and ends.   My Big Shot sits next to the shelving unit so it is easily accessible.

I also organized my SU Designer Paper to some extent.  I used to keep it in a one of the Iris Cart drawers and would pull it out and have to go through eachall of it to see what I had.  Then I would get out the catalog to see what was current and which pieces went together and to see what colors coordinated with the DSP.  So, I took a 12x12 plastic holder - looks like a magazine holder and has plastic dividers.  I put the DSP in there and separated each pack that I had - Flirtatious, Twitterpated, Beyond the Garden, etc. behind the plastic dividers.  I labeled the name of the DSP on the top and wrote on a label the coordinating colors that matched the DSP and stuck that on the divider too.  That has sure made life easier trying to figure out what cardstock matched the DSP!

One more organization tip for you.  I have the new Framelits Dies from the Occasions Mini Catalog (and love them!.)  They come in a nice plastic envelope so what I did for storage was to tape some magnet strips to the cardboard that the dies are stuck on and then just slide them back in the envelope.


I hope you get some inspiration from some of my organization tips.  You know, you're never through getting things organized.  As soon as you think you are, you buy more stuff and have to figure out a way to organize it!!  If you have any tips to share, please leave me a comment.

No comments: