Saturday, January 28, 2012

Craft Project Central Sketch #7

I had fun today creating several cards using the Sale-a-Bration stamps. To create this card, I used the sketch found at Craft Project Central.  One of my fellow NC demos (Regina) posted her card this morning in an e-mail so I decided to check out the site.  I love this sketch - very easy.  Most of the time, if you have a sketch, the rest of the card just falls into place.  I also wanted to use some of the Mocha Morning DSP.  The piece I used is flocked and so pretty up close.  It is such a rich, gorgeous paper and worked great for this card.  What do you think?


A close up of the flower - I stamped the flower twice, cut them out and layered them.
I used the new Labels Framelits (from SU mini Catalog) and the Big Shot for the black label.  I put Versamark ink around the edges and then poured gold embossing powder on them and heated it with the heat gun.  Love the effect!  The flower is also embossed with gold.  I stamped the flower twice and cut it out - layering the 2 pieces with dimensionals.

Stampin' Up products used for this card are:
  • Very Vanilla, Basic Black cardstock; Mocha Morning DSP
  • Creative Elements stamp
  • Black grosgrain ribbon, Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Labels Framelets (from mini catty)
  • Versamark Ink
  • Rhinestone (in center of flower), Dimensionals
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kris McIntosh said...

Gorgeous, love the gold with that beautiful paper.

KilkennyVFX said...

Love the gold embossing along the edges and your layered flower. What an elegant card. Thanks for sharing your directions and thanks for playing along with the Creating Pretty Cards Sketch Challenge.