Thursday, June 23, 2011

Notes .... Fun and Fast!

Here is another great set that has been around for a long time - Fun and Fast Notes.  It is a great over all set to do note cards for any and all occasions.  There is going to be a new set in the 2011-12 Idea Book that will be a good replacement for Fun and Fast Notes though.  But, if you are interested in getting Fun & Fast Notes, you better act fast!!

Here are a few cards I did with this set for you:

For the fence, I used the Jewelry Tag Punch.  This is the main reason I bought this punch  - to make fences.  It makes it so easy! I paper pieced the flowers.  I started out coloring them but didn't like the color so I just stamped them onto a scrap of Melon Mambo and cut them out.  I found this piece of ribbon in my ribbon jar and thought it matched pretty well.

RECIPE:
Stamp:  Fast & Fun Notes
Paper:  Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, YoYo Yellow & Green Galore (both retired)
Access:  Jewelry Tag Punch, Markers, Corner Rounder Punch, non SU ribbon, Crop-a-dile Punch, Rhinestones

This is an unusual style for me.  I have a hard time mixing pattern paper and on this card, I mixed 3 different ones!!  It's easy when they all come in a stack though.  Even though this stack is a hostess item, you can order a 12x12 stack (page 175) now.  These stacks will also be in the new catalog (but at a slightly higher price!)

RECIPE:
Stamp:  Fast & Fun Notes
Paper:  Night of Navy, White, DSP from the Level 1 Hostess Pack
Access:  Ticket Corner, Corner Rounder, Navy Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Button, Twine, Poppy Marker, Crystal Effects, Stickles, Stamp-a-ma-jig

Using stickers from a Simply Scrappin' kit makes doing this card a snap!!   I am using 2 retiring stamps with this card.

RECIPE:
Stamp Set:  Fast and Fun Note, Party Hearty(sentiment)
Paper:  Blue Brocade (retired), Real Red
Access:  Stickers from Simply Scrappin' Kit (retired), Elegant Lines embossing folder, Stickles, markers

4 comments:

Diane C. said...

Diane C. says:

Another reason to order more. These are great cards. Love the use of the papers done with stripes. The jewelry tag is one I have yet to order. Another idea waiting to be tried on a card. Your ideas are great and usually
simple to do. Love that.

georgygirl said...

Love the jewellery tag idea. I would never have thought of that and I have always steered away from fences because they always looked so difficult. Thanks for always sharing neat tips on your site.

Jennifer said...

I love how you did the fence!!! I am always looking for new ways to use my punches! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

The fence idea is terrific! I'm inspired by your creativity!

Kathy S