Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot!

I went to my Newcomer's meeting today wearing a cute little straw hat.  I love hats!  Unfortunately, my family always makes fun of me when I put a hat on so I'm never sure if I look good or bad in them!!  But I got several compliments today on my straw hat.  If you're wondering, I wasn't the only one with a hat on.  Everyone was asked to wear a hat in honor of our speakers today.  We had two ladies who volunteer with the Mooresville Museum present their traveling trunk program entitled "The Story of Cotton - from Seed to Cloth."  It was quite entertaining.

After my meeting, I went shopping for a bathing suit!  I don't know about you but that is not a good experience!  I HATE it and I normally don't mind shopping.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I need to lose weight.  I need to find a plan and stick to it!!

Tonight Sonny and I went to Hickory Tavern in Mooresville for dinner and to play live trivia in the bar area.  Except ..... trivia was yesterday!!  I know I looked it up and it said Wednesday!!  Oh well, we watched the hockey game for a bit and then came back home.  It was better than having to cook something in the house for dinner.  The weather has been horrible!!!  Can you say HOT and HUMID?   It's been in the 90s for the past several days with no relief in sight.  If it's already this hot now, I shudder to imagine what the rest of the summer is going to be like.

I do have a couple of cards to share with you.  One of them is my final May Monday Mailer from Becky.  So elegant!  And the other is the Monday Mailer that I finally got in the mail today to Tina (a little late!).

 This is the Criss Cross card that I made for Tina.  It uses the DSP from the Summer Mini - Beyond the Garden.  I used the Triple Layer Punch for the Blossom.
 This is the card that slides into the pocket.  Along with the Triple Layer Blossom Punch, I used the Priceless Stamp.  I had a feeling this one was going to retire and I was right. 
This is the card from Becky.  She used the Flower Garden Embossing Folder on vellum with pearls in the center.  I love the Crochet Trim ribbon!

No comments: