Saturday, June 25, 2011

Getting Buggy

One of my favorite stamps for children's birthday cards is Bugs and Kisses.  This set makes the cutest cards.  So, today I decided to go in a different way to make a couple of cards with this set.  One is just cute and the other one is just elegant.  So take a second look at all stamp sets and decide what you can do with them that is out of the norm.

 I've seen a few of these magnifying glass cards on different sites so I decided to try one of my own!  I punched the circles out with the Nesties and popped the top black ring up with dimensional tape.  The circle with the grasshopper in it is stamped with the Canvas background stamp and then it is covered with a transparency circle.  (click on the picture to see it better)

RECIPE:
Stamps:  Bugs and Kisses, Canvas Background (retired)
Paper:  Old Olive, Black, White, Greenhouse Gala DSP, transparency
Ink:  Old Olive, Real Red, Basic Black
Access:  Nestabilities (circles), Taffeta Ribbon, Label Punch, Dimensionals, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch

 
With a touch of glitter and pearls, this card is quite different from the normal Bugs & Kisses cards.

RECIPE:
Stamps:  Bugs and Kisses, Dreams du Jour
Paper:  White, Blushing Bride,
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Black
Access:  Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Scallop Border Punch, Pearls

1 comment:

georgygirl said...

What neat cards! I have this stamp set and will be casing both these cards for my grandchildren's birthdays. Thanks for the good ideas.