Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Beach pictures

Well, I'm back from the Reunion.  It was fun and on Saturday night there were actually a couple of people I had run around with there.  It was good to see Jeanne & Carl.  I used to candy stripe with Jeannie and they both went to the same college that I did.  I actually went out with Carl a couple of times in college.  That was before he and Jeannie got together and got married.  They have been married for 41 years!  Wow!  It was amazing how many couples from our high school class married each other ... and are still together.

The Shag dance (a lot like the Jitterbug) is the state dance of South Carolina.  (see the video HERE)  Couples who have danced together a long time and do the shag are just magical to watch.  There was a couple at our reunion who we all enjoyed watching dance - Sheila and Ham McGarity!  Sheila was a cheerleader in my class and Ham graduated a year before we did.  They are actually in the Shag Hall of Fame!  Yes, there really is such a thing.  There are shag clubs all over North and South Carolina and they dance and teach others to do the shag.  I grew up doing my own version of the Beach Shag.  When we moved back to NC, I enrolled Sonny and I in shag classes while he had gone back to Washington to finish the closing on our house.  Well, he was not thrilled about taking the classes, but he did .... grudgingly!  I have tried to get him to take some more refresher classes but with no luck!  In fact, he told me this weekend that he had been afraid that when he died he would go to hell .... well, now he is afraid when he dies, he will have to listen to beach music for the rest of his life! 



Here are few of the pictures from our trip.  I loaded them into a scrapbook with My Digital Studio today.  You can click on the pictures to see a larger version - you just need to click on the back arrow to get back to my blog.










No comments: