Saturday, February 4, 2012

Its A Boy!

It's a BOY!  Jack Wayland Frost IV was born at 12:15 AM Friday, Feb. 3.  He weighed 5 pounds, 9 ounces - not bad for being 5 1/2 weeks early!  He is my nephew, Jack, and his wife, Katrina's first child.  If you follow my blog, they were the couple who were married in May, 2010 with the carnival themed wedding (pictures  HERE!).  Jack & Kat live in Austin, Texas - about an hour away from my daughter.  Ashley drove up there this afternoon to meet the newest addition to the family and got to hold him.  I'll have to wait until March to see him.  I made a baby book for him a couple of weeks ago and thought I had plenty of time to get it in the mail.  Oops .... didn't know he was going to be so impatient!  Guess I better get it in the mail on Monday.  I made this cute card today to send to them.

 I found this piece of DSP cardstock in my stash and thought it would be great for little Jack's card.  The stamp set is Simply Scallops which is a retired set.  The materials I used for this card are:

non-SU DSP cut 4 1/4" x 11" folded in half
3/4" Circle Punch (for the neck
1 3/8" Circle Punch for legs
Small Oval Punch for bottom snap part
Scallop Punch , 1 1/4" Circle Punch
White Brads

Here is how I made the card: 
  • fold the DSP cardstock in half
  • Use the punches to punch the legs and neck holes (just half punches)
  • For arms - measure 1 1/4" down from top fold and cut in from the sides 1"; cut from the underarm part you just cut to the outer corner of the leg portion.
  • For the trim on the legs and neck, use the Circle Punches to punch out half circles.

No comments: