Monday, June 22, 2020

Give Peace a Chance


This world just seems like it has turned upside down!  In North Carolina, where I live, we are in Phase 2 of re-opening and I'll be honest .... it scares me.  We have had an increase of confirmed cases since the state was opened up a little a few weeks ago.   I am still staying at home as much as I can, but wearing a mask each time I venture out.  I try not to overreact but honestly, I feel like a lot of people are just going right back to normal and are not taking the precautions they ought to.  We drove to South Carolina over the weekend.  Our first stop (with our masks) was Frugal McDoogals (a wine and liquor warehouse in Fort Mill, SC.)  The line to get in the store was funny to me but I was glad that the correct precautions were taken.  Next we went to the Peach Stand.  Same thing - people lined  up (most with masks) to get in the little market.  After those places, we drove to a little restaurant that we love.  They have the best fried chicken and veggies.   Yum!  Since we were there at an odd time (2:00), we didn't figure they would be very busy - plus, there are only about 15 tables in the restaurant and several had "do not sit" signs on them for social distancing.  By the time we finished our meal, the restaurant was almost full with only a couple of tables left.  Guess everyone else had the same idea as we did about going early (or late depending on what your meal is.)

Ashley just sent us these Steelers masks!
And if COVID wasn't enough for all of us to deal with ... the country seems to be at war with each other in terms of the unrest we are experiencing.  I feel like we are at a turning point.  It saddens me that a video of a black man getting murdered right in front of our eyes has happened for the world to stop and pay attention! 

Let's all sing John Lennon's "Give Peace A Chance" which was an anti-war song.


No comments: