Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Birds and Branches

I understand we are still dealing with COVID-19, but I think we need to make as good of a summer as we can.  Most of us can get outside in some form - whether sitting on the porch, taking a walk, or participating in some form of an activity (golf, tennis, swim, etc.).  For those of you with children, my hat is off to you trying to make it a fun summer.  My point is - summer is moving quickly and fall will be here before we know it!  Think about doing some card making with your children.  It's a great activity when it is hot outside.  Maybe start on your Christmas cards.  Believe it or not, but on July 1st Stampin'Up! is releasing their Holiday Catalog to demonstrators!  This is a first on having it so early.  Happy Stampin'!

Believe it or not but it was actually cold (and rainy) here yesterday!  Even Sonny was cold and put on long sleeves.  We broke a record I think with temps just getting to 61 degrees and I don't think it is going to be much warmer today!  Why couldn't this have been last week when our A/C was not working!

I'm still fighting the pain in my back and have to take a lot of "sitting breaks" during the day.  I can tell when I've done too much.  Last week, I thought I was doing pretty good.  There were several days that I didn't even take any Tylenol, Alieve, etc.  But Friday did me in.  I went to water exercise in the morning and in the afternoon I went to a friend's house.  She lives on the lake and has been wanting me to come over and paddleboard or kayak with her.  I kayaked until my arms got sore and then switched with her and tried to use the paddleboard.  I didn't feel comfortable standing so just got on my knees and paddled until I couldn't anymore!  She ended up tying a rope to my board and towing me back to the house.  Aren't I a wimp??   I really felt like one especially when I leaned over to pick something up and felt a pop on my side!  Not sure what I did but I was in a lot of pain the rest of the day and Saturday.  I am better now but I am really taking it easy.

Here is one of the cards I made for the NC Quarterly swap (that was canceled!)  I love this Birds & Branches stamp set (catalog on page 120).  It was the first stamp set that I ordered from the new Annual Catalog.  The stamps - birds, branches, eggs and nest images - all coordinate with the Birds & More Dies to help you create beautiful cards!




No comments: