Tuesday, May 7, 2019

More Feathers!

I'm back from my trip to the DC area.  I had fun house hunting with Ashley.  Sonny was supposed to take his golf clubs and play golf while we were house hunting but he thought it would be raining while we were there so didn't take his clubs.  As it turned out, he could have played golf every day.  The rain we got usually started in the late afternoon/early evening.  Oh well - his loss!  He explored the area while we were gone during the day.  We looked at about 30+ houses in the Bethesda and Silver Spring area and that's not counting the few Ashley looked at on Tuesday when we were on our way.  On Thursday, the first house we looked at that day was the one that called to her.  It is a really cute house in Silver Spring that was built in 1936 that has been remodeled but still has that old house feeling.  She put an offer in over the weekend and we have our fingers crossed!!  All contracts are due to the sellers by today at 4 pm.  Ashley is flying home right now and should know something when she lands in Hawaii later.  If she doesn't get this house, she will wait until she moves and start her search over.  Luckily, she has friends to stay with there and is not in a hurry.  But I hope she gets this house!!!

In the meantime, I will share a few more Paper Pumpkin cards that I made from last October's kit.


I inked the leaves with VersaMark and embossed them in copper, silver and gold


I sponged Crump Cake onto the leaf and did a watercolor background of Crumb Cake.


I tied the 3 feathers up with the twine that came in the kit and layered the white card onto Cajun Craze and Coastal Cabana cardstock.


I layered the 3 feathers onto Wood Textures 6x6 DSP.


I used the Pinwood Planks embossing folder to emboss the Bermuda Bay cardstock.

If you would like to check out Paper Pumpkin, now is the best time!  I think the kit designs are really good now and next month's kit will be a favorite of mine.  I like Shelli's style when she presents at Stampin' Up events and this kit looks just as expected with pretty colors, natural designs and fantastic details.

The kit is $19.00 and can be purchased online in my store.   You need to purchase or subscribe by May 10 in order to receive the kit Shelli has designed.  You can just click the one month link to get this kit with no further commitment or consider going month to month with a subscription.  

No comments: