Thursday, June 23, 2016

Paper Craft Crew Challenge with Swirly Birds

Once upon a time .... I used to do a lot of card challenges.  Splitcoast Stampers have several challenges every week - from color challenges to design challenges.  A lot of stamping blogs also offer different challenges.  With this card I am doing a design challenge from the Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch (say that 10 times fast!)  They are celebrating their 200th challenge with this design.  I was a member of the Paper Craft Crew when it first started and did weekly cards for a few years as a member of the team.  Back then, I mainly did digital cards for the challenge since that was when Stampin' Up still supported My Digital Studio.  Sadly, that is not the case anymore (and I am still sad about it!!)  I decided to get out my new Swirly Birds set.  This is the cutest stamp set!  It's funny - when I first saw it in our pre-order, I did not like it so I didn't purchase it early.  Well, guess what was on my first order when the new catalog came out!!!


I used several stamp sets on this card.  For the Dapper Denim striped background, I used the  Diagonal Stripes Background Stamp (pg 125).  For the light Flirty Flamingo center background, I used one of the watercolor wash stamps in Work of Art, stamping off once before stamping on the white card stock.  I like the combo of denim and pink in this card, what do you think?

Here is the sketch if you are interested in making a card with it.  You might want to visit Pam's blog since she is giving away a pretty good prize this week!  (Sunny Girl Scraps)  Also stop in at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge Blog and see the other cards for this challenge.  Many of team members are also giving away blog candy.

3 comments:

Deborah Smart said...

Sharon, I felt the same way about the Swirly Bird set - so I only pre-ordered the dies! Now I need to get the stamp set :) I really love how you used the swirls for this sketch, and your colour combination is just awesome. Thanks for joining our 200th Paper Craft Crew challenge! ~Deborah

Crystal Komara said...

Hi Sharon, this is my first visit to your blog and it's so much fun! I love the title and the title banner, plus all the fun polka dots in the background! LOVE it all! And your card for our Paper Craft Crew sketch is just fabulously fun as well. Great job on everything! Crystal, DT

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon... So excited to see you play along with the Paper Craft Crew for the 200th challenge! Great card using Swirly Bird. Fabulous and fun! ~Pam, DT