Monday, June 13, 2016

Hang In There

Well, today is the day.  Ashley is moving to Honolulu.  She and Bogart have an early morning flight from San Antonio and will be arriving in Hawaii in the afternoon.  I talked to her briefly Sunday and I don't think it has hit her yet - she's been too busy.  She has been staying at her college friends home for the past week and when she left their house Sun. morning she said the kids were all crying - that they won't see Bogart again!  She said she has too much to do to think about crying but will probably do so when Courtney drops her off at the airport this morning.

I made her this card a couple of weeks ago when she was trying to get everything done - selling her house, having her roof replaced because of the recent storms, trying to get all her papers signed and processed for her transfer, getting a airplane-approved carrier for Bogart plus all his papers for him to enter Hawaii.  He can't travel in the plane like he normally does but has to go in the cargo area.  Luckily, the airline she is flying is one of the few with a temperature controlled cargo.  But, it is still going to be a long flight for him with a lay-over in California.

This card uses the retired Sale-a-bration stamp.  I love this little chick!  The balloons are from Balloon Celebrations.  I stamped them in black onto Soft Sky cardstock and then sponged ink over them.  Lots of retired stuff on this card - the Washi Punch for the sentiment; the twine, the cloud stencil, and the Dots embossing folder.  No matter - it all makes a cute card!



I went to my 50th High School reunion this weekend!  I kept procrastinating and didn't sign up in time; plus I had promised my mom I would take her to my nephew's high school graduation in Charlotte.  Well, late on Friday, my nephew found out that he was not going to be allowed to graduate because he didn't take a computer class that he had to take to graduate.  So Saturday afternoon, Sonny and I drove to south Charlotte and got a hotel room and went to the reunion.  We were able to pay at the door.  Of course, name tags had already been made for everyone with their senior picture on it beside their name.  Yay!  I didn't have my picture on my name tag!  It was fun seeing people that I haven't seen since I graduated and trying to match up their faces now and then.

No comments: