Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Easter Gifts

It's almost time for Easter!  It is really early this year.  I sure hope the weather gets warmer by Sunday.  March always has such crazy weather.  We went to the beach for a long weekend last Friday. It was nice weather on Friday and Saturday but Sunday was miserable.  It was rainy and I don't think the temps got out of the 40s!  The sun broke through around noon so Sonny went to the driving range and hit some golf bags and I went for a walk on the beach.  It was a short walk though - that wind was blowing right threw me!  Think I only walked about 1 1/2 miles.  I was proud of myself that I exercised every day I was there.  On Friday, Sonny and I walked a couple of miles but on the road.  He didn't want to get sand in his shoes!!  He never set foot on the beach the whole time we were there!  I walked every morning 1 - 2 miles.  I have this great app on my phone that Ashley told me about called Runmaker.  It tracks your walking (or running) and gives audio cues along the way of distance, time, average speed, etc.  Plus you can also listen to music while you are walking.  I use Spotify for my music app.  It has made me get out and walk more.  

Anyway, here are a few things I have made for Easter.  I love the Easter Lamb single stamp in the Occasions catalog!




This little bag/box was easy to make.  The bag uses 3 1/4" x 10" card stock scored at 4 1/4" and 5 3/4".  I embossed the back of the bag and then added a strip of DSP across the front (just on the bottom).
The box that fits inside uses a piece of card stock 3 3/8" x 5", scored at 1" on all four sides.  I used Red Line Tape to adhere it to the bottom of the bag.


Next are the chalkboards!  What a find!  I happened to be at Target at the right time.  Usually when I check out their Dollar Spot, it is pretty picked over.  But I found these several weeks ago for $3 each and bought all they had!  I embossed the little lamb in the corner and used a strip of DSP as a belly band.  I had some note pages stashed away so I used a clip that I also decorated with DSP to hold it to the top of the chalkboard with a ribbon tied on.  The notepad can be removed to write on the chalkboard.  I bought some chalk to go with them but do you think I can find that chalk???





No comments: