Thursday, March 10, 2016

Brayer Power

This card is a little out of my comfort zone but it turned out ok.  I was going through some of my "stuff" and found this package of Stampin' Up Coaster Board (pg 148) that I had never used but I have had it about 2 years!  The Coaster Board is thinner than chipboard, but sturdier than cardstock.  It's great for die cutting and embossing.  

I ran it through my Lovely Lace embossing folder.  Next I inked up my brayer (which I probably have not used in several years) with Watermelon Wonder ink and rolled it over the coaster board. This is the debossed side.  I brayer-ed both sides but I liked this side the best.  It's neat how the raised portion takes the ink and the debossed areas stay white.  You can't press real hard on the brayer though.  I stamped the cake with Watermelon also and punched it out with the 2 1/2" punch.  I love the sentiment from Party Wishes (Occasions Catalog, pg. 5).  I tucked some of the Dotted Lace Trim behind the circle.  



Sonny and I went to the movies today and saw Eddie the Eagle.  It was very good.  I would recommend it to you.


No comments: